From one MySpace addict to another...

Monday, March 13, 2006

MySpace on your TV?

Well, sort of.

FOX is launching My Network TV in September 2006. Just what kind of programming will be on My Network TV?

Here's a rundown:

" Desires" - Two brothers on the run from the mafia, both in love with the same woman.

"Secrets" - A behind-the-scenes look at the fashion industry.

These shows are based on the telenovelas that are famous in Latin America. Basically they're soap operas. Don't worry they wrap in about 13 weeks... not years like American soaps.

"America's Brainiest" - A Who Wants To Be a Millionaire knock-off

"Catwalk" - An America's Next Top Model knock-off

"Celebrity Love Island" - A Temptation Island knock-off...only with celebrities (probably D-listers)

"On Scene" - A CSI knock-off

And it also looks like they're working on an international "American Idol". Which has me a bit confused because, didn't they already do " World Idol"?

I'm not much of a TV watcher anyway (except for American Idol and Grey's Anatomy), but I suppose there's always room for more new programming on TV..... right?

Maybe FOX is counting on people being drawn by the "My" moniker... and overlooking the cheesiness of it's programs.

I guess we know what kind of advertisements will be cluttering up MySpace this September...

Read the offical press release here

No comments: